Saturday, August 21, 2010

Robin Hood


I named this painting after the book that my grandson,Elrod was reading, all curled up in that chair- many years ago.I loved the way his body created all those angles, as only a kid can do. He was in another world that day.


These are the kind of things I love to paint. People doing what they love to do. I wish I had pictures of my Mom cooking in her kitchen, because that is how I would paint her portrait. In "Mom's Pitcher", it is the only portrait of her that I could do. These were the objects that made my memories of her when she was younger.


The painting above now hangs in our new beautiful public library, purchased and given as a gift, to hang there-forever!

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting. I hope you don't mind, but I copied the image to use for a post on my blog - but I credited you and asked people to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete